If Idealism should prove to be the only real Philosophy, it will also appear that a man must be born a philosopher, be educated to be one, and educate himself to be one; but that no human art (no external force) can make a philosopher out of him.Johann Gottlieb Fichte
Every spring semester: Informationskompetenz für Philosophie und Medienwissenschaft
In consultation with the Philosophy Department, the subject librarian is increasingly acquiring electronic holdings.
- Citable complete works of classic and contemporary philosophy in the original language and where possible complete
- Selected citable primary texts translated into German, English, French or Italian.
- Audiobooks: a selection of lectures and presentations by important philosophical authors
- General and specialist dictionaries and lexicons on philosophy and associated subdisciplines
- Specialist bibliographies
- Introductions and general works on philosophy and its subdisciplines
- General scientific literature on philosophy and its history, subdisciplines as well as current trends and methods in the generally accessible languages (German, English, French, Italian).
- Selected specialist research literature
- Specialist journals in consultation with the Philosophy Department
- Selected electronic journals and databases (primary texts, bibliographies, reference works) available in the university’s computer network
- extensive primary and secondary literature from the time of early book printing
Libraries with additional holdings
Department of Philosophy: selected research literature covering main topics